Stay and booking
The campsite is open from May to September.
We strongly recommend that you book if you wish to stay especially during July and August.
In July and August, all rentals are on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday.
All reservations must be accompanied by a deposit of 30% (or one night if less than 20 euros), the balance paid on arrival for campers and a month in advance for the rentals.
Arrival and Departure
Camping pitches are available from 1pm and must be vacated by noon on the day of departure.
Rental accommodation is available from 3pm and must be vacated by 10 am on the day of the departure.
During the low season you can arrive until 7pm and during July and August until 9pm.
In case of later arrival, please let us know as soon as possible.
The rental price includes:
- The maximum number of persons stated in relevant rental location
- Parking for one vehicle. (There is an extra charge for additional vehicles and trailers)
- Consumption of water, electricity, gas
Not included is:
- Tourist Tax
Pets are allowed, except in the new 5 bed chalets.
Dogs must be tattooed or microchipped, vaccinated and kept on a leash. The certificate of rabies vaccination must be available to view.
In accordance with Article 211-1 of the law of 6 January 1999 relating to “dangerous and stray animals and to the protection of domestic animals” Category 1: Attack dogs: are prohibited. The 2nd category : Guard dogs: must be kept on a lead by an adult (Art.211-5 RC) and muzzled. These dogs must be registered with a pedigree which is recognised by the French Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.
We ask you keep your dog under control at all times, not only on the campsite but also in the valley, please don’t lock them up; don’t leave them alone and don’t let them bark.
The Shower block is equipped with a baby changing table and baby bath.
A baby bed is available on request when booking for rental accomodation
All of our pitches for tents, caravans or camping cars are accessible via gravel lined roadways.
There is a shower room and toilet adapted for people with reduced mobility (Please ask for a key at reception).
If you wish to receive visitors, please inform the reception, there is no charge unless staying over night
A tourist tax is collected by the campsite on behalf of the municipality of Chamonix. The amount is € 0.20 per night per person over 18 years.
- The booking is a personal contract. It can not be transferred and subletting is not allowed. All bookings must be accompanied by a down-payment equal to 30% of the total rental price.
- Arrivals are permitted between 3 pm and 7 pm (if late, please give us adequate warning) and departures until 10 am. Rental accommodation are on a weekly basis only, from Saturday to Saturday ( please check on price list).
- The reservation is valid after written or emailed confirmation from us following receipt of the contract duly completed and signed, including the requested deposit. The balance is payable at least 4 weeks before your arrival on the campsite.
- Any cancellation must be notified by a letter or email, the date of reception determining cancellation date.
- In case of cancellation, the following will be charged: The total cost of the stay if you cancel less than 30 days before the expected arrival date, or if you do not show up by that date. No refund will be made in case of delayed arrival or early departure.
- On arrival, you will be asked for a 200 € deposit for the chalets and other rental accommodation, which includes material breakage and cleanliness of the accommodation on your departure. It will be refunded at the end of your stay, with possible deduction made for the cost of missing/damaged items. Cleaning is the responsibility of the tenant. Except if you have paid for the optional “end of stay cleaning”, the chalets and other rental accommodation must be returned in perfect state of cleanliness. If not, a minimum sum of 50 € will be with-held from the deposit.
- Residents must comply with the campsite rules at all times, especially those regarding night-time noise levels. Copies of the Campsite rules and regulations are available at reception and will be sent on request.
- A civil liability insurance is mandatory. Insurance certificate must be returned with the booking form. The management is not responsible in case of theft, loss, damage of any kind during or following your stay.
- Any litigation that may arise shall be dealt with exclusivity by Tribunal d’instance Bonneville 16170, 18 quai du Parquet BP 136, 74136 BONNEVILLE CEDEX. The French version of the agreement shall be regarded as the authentic text of the contract.
- Cancellation – Any cancellation must be notified in writing, the date of receipt determining the date of cancellation.
Insurance when renting accommodation in France
Point 8 from our general terms and conditions is mandatory when renting to French guests and is meant to draw your attention on the following point :
Residents in France are required to have public liability insurance – “assurance responsibilite civile”, which is usually included in home insurance or available as an add-on. This covers them if they damage another person’s house. Then, the home owner claims on the individuals insurance, not their own, as French rental insurance does not cover damage caused by guests. That’s why holiday let owners may ask for proof of insurance, as its common procedure in France.
We know it may be difficult for a person based in the UK to get cover specifically designed to cover their liability for a rental in France and consequently will not require copy of insurance certificate. A comprehensive travel insurance or home insurance policy should provide public liability insurance cover for damage to 3rd party property.
These details are considered necessary in order to avoid any misunderstanding. We shall look upon you, as always, as our very welcome guests, and are confident that you will take away with you happy memories of your holiday at Camping des Ecureuils.